Memorial Day Parade
Held annually on Memorial Day beginning at 11:00am at the MI State Police Post and concluding at the Wayland VFW Post #7581. Parade line up begins at 10:00am. BBQ Lunch served at the VFW at the conclusion of the parade. City Police parade rules are enforced and should be reviewed prior to participation. Parade rules can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
Held on the first Saturday (immediately following the first Friday in December) is the Annual Christmas Parade beginning at 11:00am. Parade line up begins at 10:00am at the Wayland VFW Post #7581 and concludes at the Wayland Fire Department. Visits with Santa will take place at the WFD immediately following the parade. Non-profits are eligible to win a cash prize for decorating according to the parade theme (announced in October). City Police parade rules are enforced and should be reviewed prior to participation. Parade rules can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
City Police Parade Rules are as follows:
– Nothing shall be thrown from any moving vehicle. Handing out candy or other objects is permitted by walkers only.
– All dogs in the parade must be kept on leashes and held by someone strong enough to handle them.
– All animals participating in the parade must be kept under control.
– Four wheelers, all-terrain vehicles, and mini-racers are prohibited except in certain conditions that are approved by the Wayland City Police Department.
– A parade entrant which operates a vehicle or other equipment in such a way that can be dangerous (burn outs, careless/reckless driving) to spectators or other parade participants will be removed from the parade and possibly cited.
– The parade route is one-way. No parade entrant may reverse direction.
– Participants on bikes, scooters, skateboards, skates, etc. must wear a helmet and proper safety equipment.
– No one may step off a vehicle, float, or any other moving piece of equipment during the parade except in an emergency. Float riders must be completely on the float with no legs or other parts of the body hanging over the sides of the float.