2017 Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce
On Saturday, October 7th, the Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting their 13th Annual Community Expo from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Wayland Union Middle School, 701 Wildcat Drive in Wayland. The purpose of the Expo is to highlight area businesses, products and services available in the Wayland and immediate surrounding area, while offering some fantastic entertainment and educational opportunities for visitors.
Attractions for 2017
10:30am and 12:30: Critchlow Reptile Sanctuary Presentations – Enjoy an up close educational presentation with reptiles who will be on hand with plenty of slithering creatures including tortoises, lizards, snakes, frogs/toads, and some small alligators during this extremely energetic presentation. The two presentations will take place at the end of the hallway by the school cafeteria.
Enjoy the music of the jazz band Mood Swings who will be playing in the cafeteria from 10:30am-1:30pm.
Provided by New Age Entertainment
View Historic Wayland Photos
By: Jay L Smith
Meet with 2007 WUS Grad Ryan Kaminski
After graduating from Wayland High School in 2007 Ryan Kaminski found himself in Uganda teaching at several different schools over the summer. That first semester at Grand Valley State University he couldn’t stop thinking about Uganda! Several trips back and forth, the purchase of land, accumulating ministry partners, financial resources and construction of several buildings the doors to Rising Star were open to over 280 students in February 2012. Children continue to be on a waiting list to be able to attend the school. Ryan will be back in Michigan in October and looks forward to meeting guests at the Expo.
Returning in 2017
- Meet with area business owners and key employees from area businesses and organizations – all at the same time and under one roof!
- The extremely popular “Taste of Wayland Area” food court. The food court will be offering free samples of food from restaurants, bakeries, delis, and vendors around the area.
- Vendor Bingo: Available to the first 500 adults. Pick up a vendor bingo card from the Chamber Welcome Table and then take it to the vendors on the card to mark. When you have a “Bingo,” return the card back to the Welcome Table and you will be entered to win one of six $25 gift cards sponsored by Koval Construction.
- Reusable Canvas Bags – FREE to the first 500 adults.
- Grocery Guess Game: At the entrance to Expo, a vehicle from Ed Koehn Ford will have a trunk full of groceries. Guess the total cost of the groceries to be registered to win. The closest entry wins the entire trunk full of groceries. Sponsored by Ed Koehn Ford of Wayland.
- Register to win various contests and give-a-ways!
- Meet with your local state, city, and county emergency service personnel in the front parking lot. Tour emergency command centers and learn more about each department.
- FREE parking and FREE admission!
For additional information on being an exhibitor, please visit the Expo Page on our website – http://waylandchamber.org/events/community-expo/